Friday, November 26, 2010

Show Us Your Metal

My card won top 3 at The Pixie Cottage!!!  WooHoo!



Hey everyone!!  I'm writing this post while in a turkey coma so please forgive me any typing errors!!  :)

This week at Phindy's Place we are challenging you to use metal on your cards.  Okay....that one was a little difficult for me because I really don't have any metal and then I remembered that my friend Annika sent me some charms and stuff so I was hoping that I could find something to match my card and with a little altering...I did it!!  :)

For this card I have used Phindy's new image called "Cosy Cottage" and oh my....when I saw this image I was so inspired that I couldn't hardly wait to color it!!  This has got to be one of my favorite images evah!!  If you haven't check out Phindy's blog lately you really must.  She is cranking out some BEAUTIFUL Christmas images!!  Here's my card for this challenge....
Doesn't this just make the most amazing Christmas card image!?!  I love it!!!!

Copic's Used:
House and walkway - E40, E41, E42, E43, E44, E47 and E49
Trees - YG63, YG67 and G40
Lighted windows - Y32 and Y35

I've used lots of Diamond Stickles on this image and also used Tonertex foil and glitter on the Christmas wreath and the lights on the pine tree.  It looks so awesome IRL!!!  Almost like the lights are really twinkling!!!  I have used the Tonertex foils on the my snowflakes from Maya Road and used some metal bead findings and just smooshed them down to create a smaller snowflake for the center.  They look very pretty!  The background is done with Prisma's and Gamsol.

My DP is from the Jovial Collection by Basic Grey and it has been distressed with my Zutter Distrezz-it-All.  Totally love that thing!!!  My ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon and I have hand tied my double bow using the bow easy method without the bow easy.  I still haven't found that stupid thing!!!  :)

Thank you for stopping by today and make sure you stop by the Phindy's Place Challenge Blog and see what the rest of the DT has done.  FABULOUS!!!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

ABC Christmas Challenge - Christmas (x is for x-mas)
The Pixie Cottage - Let it snow

Have a good one!!!


20 comments:

Nanda said...

Oh that is beuatiful!! I love the colours you used, it is so warm and still cold wintery. Thanks for joining The Pixie Cottage Challenge.

Rhonda Miller said...

Tammy, that's a lovely card. TFS.

Annika said...

You have coloured that scene to absolute perfection! And the double loop bow is just lush!
I got those corners ages ago from Papirloftet, they have some real gorgeous and different stuff there.
Hugs
Annika

Karen said...

Truly truly lovely Tammy!! I wanted to buy this image, but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do it justice. You certainly have - it's so beautiful!!xx

Renkata said...

FAntastic card. The design is so pretty. Gorgeous colouring.

cheryl said...

oh this is really stunning the iamge the papers the detail this is what I call a real classy xmas card,brilliant,,bless you for joining us at the pixie cottage hope too see you again,soon love hugs cheryl xxxxx

Davi said...

Tammy the image is beautiful and the coloring is wonderful! Love the dp I just bought some of it today. :) Thanks for sharing with us at Pixie Cottage today.

Anonymous said...

Oh hope you had a wonderful thanks giving! love your card! fab detailing! thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas challenge, Samantha :0)

Anne said...

This is totally stunning Tammy, love the perfect colouring, it's a bit Thomas Kincade with that cottage glow.
GORGEOUS!
Anne
x

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!! WOW!! You should win for sure.

Cathy S.

Philomena said...

Tammy, this is so beautiful - you did a fantastic job!

Sadilla said...

Very beautiful card dear, I love the image, it makes such a Christmas winter feeling! =)
Thanks for sharing it at The Pixie Cottage!
hugs
Sadia

Adrina said...

Oh wow, beautiful, you coloring is awesome.
Thanks for joining The Pixie Cottage this week.
Adrina XX

Katie said...

Tammy,
This is gorgeous!
Such a fabulous snowy creation!
Thanks so much for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week:)

Anne-Marije said...

Oh wow this card is so amazing! You've coloured the image so beautifully....awesome job!
xxx Anne-Marije

Ann English said...

Positively stunning! It literally takes my breath away! What a charming scene. Your coloring-the BEST!

Lisette Morris said...

Gorgeous! What a fantastic image and your coloring is wonderful! Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS, And totally Christmas! Tammy you went over the top with this one g/f!! There are not enough adjectives to describe the stunning beauty of it! Your rocked this one BIG time!

Angela B. said...

I love this image! Another awesome card!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Tammy! love how you colored and designed with this image!
Pam Going Postal

Related Posts with Thumbnails