Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Homemade Flowers and Stitching

Oh my!!!  Bwaahaahaa!!!  Yep, it's time for a new challenge at Michelle Perkett Studio!!!  Sorry I'm late posting but I seem to be having issues with Blogger today!!  Hmmm....for some reason my computer is hating me here lately!!  Anyway....Our challenge this week was to use homemade flowers and to use stitching on those flowers.  Here's my card and then I'll tell you my story!!  :)
Yea...your probably thinking......dang, her flower looks lame.  Well, you can blame it on my hubby!!!  He went to the city on Saturday and was supposed to pick me up 3 simple things.  Do you think he remembered to do it!?!  NO!!  Did he have a list!?!  YES!!  Did he forget any of his stuff!?!  NO!!  Ugh....darn men!  Living in a very rural town I don't have access to the things that I always need and therefore....I had to improvise!!  I used chipboard flowers and then cut out CS to fit them, used a little Distress ink and glued them all together!!!  Damn....I forgot the stitching (I had every intention of stitching around the edge of the flower)!!!  Have you ever tried to stitch through chipboard!?!  Yea...it just wasn't going to work so I decided to use faux stitching on my flower and actually do stitching for the stem.  I am not happy with this card at all because I had something totally different in mind and well, that just didn't work out (THANKS TO HUBBY)!!!!!

I do love this image though and I'm really happy with how she turned out!!  Something in my control!!  LOL!!  Her name is Ballerina Bunny and you can find her HERE along with a lot more awesome images that are must haves!!!

I hope you will join us this week for our challenge and hope to see you there!!!

Have a good one!!


6 comments:

Marlene said...

Oh stop! Your flower looks GROOVY! :)

Kerry said...

Cute, cute, CUTE! And I think the stitch flower looks GREAT! :)

Lynne Armstrong said...

Oh Tammy...aren't men maddening sometimes!! Frustrating when you have a picture in your head and can't do it...never mind...your card is still gorgeous! Beautiful colouring...very cute bunny :)
hugs
Lynne

Michelle said...

Tammy, I think your flower is gorgeous!! I love everything about this and I love the stitching you did for the stem!! I LOVE the colors you chose and how you colored the bunny and I am crazy about that yummy ribbon!! Thank you so much for another incredible inspiration piece and for such an awesome challenge, Tammy!!

Hugs,

Michelle:)

ileana said...

Hi Tammy! what a gorgeous card!!! lovely colors, your coloring is neat as usual and your flowers are beautiful, you are good at improvising. Great card! Hugs!

ThePurplePlace said...

Awwww...this has to be ONE of my absolute favorites...the colors the image...everything.

You are so talented and you coloring totally is fantastic. I meed to get back to class, so I can practice, practice, practice...!

Keep up the wonderful work...your cards all fantastic..truly little pieces of ART! :)

Hugs,
Lisa

Related Posts with Thumbnails