Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Digi Shack DP Challenge

WooHoo....it's Saturday and time for a new Saturday challenge at The Digi Shack!!  The challenge today is to print your image on designer paper.  Okay, I have to admit that I didn't know what that meant so I had to ask!  *blush*  Hey....I'm still considered a newbie if I've only been in this hobby for less than a year aren't I!?!  It's basically the same thing as paper piecing (never done that either).  This was a totally new concept for me and I have to admit that it was kind of fun!!  Here's the card I created...........
 I just love this image and have had it forever.  It was one of the very first digi's that I bought and of course you can find her and a lot more in The Digi Shack Store.  I thought she would be perfect for this challenge!!!  My hubby was making fun of me because I colored her pink.  I think she looks darling pink with her little flowered pink skirt!!!  :)

She is colored with Copics and I also used my Sakura Stardust pens on her toes (hey...a girl has to have sparkly toes) and her microphone and the music notes.  I also used Stickles on her necklace.  Don't you think she's just adorable.  Okay....if you don't, don't tell me okay!?!  :P  I think she will make a perfect birthday card for MayCee beings she is my little pink piggy lover!!!

I hope you will hop on over to The Digi Shack blog and join us for our challenge.  If you don't have a Digi Shack image you can go to the store and grab almost any one of them for just $1!!  Where this is such a new technique for me I would love to see what you do with it.  Teach me okay!?!

MY CHALLENGE..............
I am going to give one lucky person their choice of one (sorry...not the sets) image from The Digi Shack store.  Link me up to your blog post and PLEASE use a Digi Shack image!!  Make sure you also link up on The Digi Shack blog too so everyone can see your work!!  Now how fun is this huh!?!  I will give you until Monday March 22nd at 6:00PM MST to link me up for a chance to win a free digi from me!!!  Good luck and I can't wait to see what you do!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by today and hope to see you again in the next 3 days!  :)

Have a good one!!!


14 comments:

Marlene said...

LOVE your card! What a perfect take on the challenge! Love her little skirt...and I'm tickled that you colored her PINK! So adorable!!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Tammy,
This is one of the very first digis I bought too! I think she is a riot! I love her colored pink...Some people see pink elephants quite frequently! LOL! Great card!

Laurie Unger said...

What a fun image! Great coloring and I love the dp on her tutu!

Unknown said...

I just love this image!! This is going to have to be a must have also!! I love her tutu in the patterned paper and Yes elephants are pink. I love her!!

Hugs!!

Deanne Clarke said...

I love this image!!! Cute card!!!

Lelia Pierce said...

I love pink elephants...me and Dumbo! Her skirt is perfect! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Christy Dillman said...

I love her in pink, what a pretty card!

Hugs,
Christy

Rleen said...

WOW! Tammy, your card is fabulous! I love the cute image and her skirt is pretty. You did a fabulous job!
Hugs, Arlene

Annika said...

Awww, this card seriously cracks me up - LOVE your pink elephant! I want one! :D
TFS
Hugs
Annika

Amy said...

love the tu-tu Tammy. Just adorable. Clever use of the paper piecing technique. Great JOB!!

Angela said...

Awesome Image!! Love your coloring!! Hey don't feel bad I didn't know what that meant either!! All they have to say is paper piece!! I do understand that!! Hope you are doing well!!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Tricia said...

terrific job with the tutu!

Christina said...

Oh my!! This is such a precious card!!! Fantastic work!!!

Janie Printz said...

Wow Tammy your little elephant is so "Pretty in Pink" ... She's adorable & I love that it's a digi ... I've been a little afraid to try them as I've heard the ink smears. Maybe it's just the type of paper you print them on. I use Copics so it has to be a good paper. Others have great luck with them ... Guess I just need to try it ... Great card & I'll be back to see more.
Hugs, Janie

Related Posts with Thumbnails