Friday, April 15, 2011

A Sweet 'n Sassy Saturday

Hello friends!!  FIRST OFF....I have to clarify that I am not leaving the blogging and card making world, I'm just leaving my DT's at this time, due to the fact that I'm just not going to have the time to commit to them.  I'll still make time to play but it will be on my time.  Thank you all for the well wishes but you can still come and visit me!!  :)

As some of you know I have been guest designing for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps this month and I have to say that I am having lots of fun with it.  Today I have a card for you that I created after receiving my Split Coast Stampers Weekly Inkling.  OMGosh, I was so inspired that I had to give it a try and the stamp set "Spring Tulips" was perfect for it!!!  Here's my card...
Okay, now for some details about my card.  First off I stamped my image on Kraft cardstock with Distress ink and then added clear embossing powder over the top and heat embossed it.  Then I used the "Bleached Out" technique by Beate Johns at SCS to bleach out my image.  It turned this really pretty pale yellow color.  After the bleach was dry I used my Copics to add a little dimension to the tulips and petals.  After I finished coloring I used my Spellbinder Grand Calibur to cut my image out and then ran it through my Cuttlebug in an embossing folder.  I then used my Distrezz-it-all to distress the edges.  I was trying to do the "Faux Fabric" technique (tutorial by Karen Barber at SCS) but I didn't have the right embossing folder so this is what I used.  I think it still looks really pretty!!  :)  After I had it mounted on my scalloped oval I used my Smooch Spritz over the image.  I sure wish you could see it in the picture because it really is pretty!!!  I then stamped and heat embossed my sentiment from the same "Spring Tulips" stamp set.  I have used this really gorgeous paper from MME called Stella and Rose and OMGosh...I LOVE THAT DP!!!

Copics Used:
Tulip - Y32, Y35, Y38
Leaves - YG63, YG67 and G40

I hope I have inspired you a little today and seriously....YOU WILL LOVE THIS STAMP SET!!!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have a spectacular weekend!!


21 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Tammy.

Hugs Riet.xx

Theresa said...

Beautiful card Tammy! I guess I'll have to figure out what the bleached out technique is, but it looks fabulous! I love the subtle coloring you added!

Anonymous said...

Stunning card!

Diane said...

Beautiful.....a technique that I had thought of trying, too..those tulips are gorgeous!

Angela B. said...

Gorgeous Card!!! Love all of your creations your inspire me!

Brenda said...

Absolutely beautiful card Tammy!!
Glad you are still creating and posting!

petra,s cards said...

gorgeous card!!!!
xx petra

Theresa's Studio said...

Love your cards. Good luck on all your projects. Sounds like you are one busy person.

Regena said...

beautiful card!!

Unknown said...

Tammy this is totally gorgeous! Oh my gosh I love the bleach out look and of course your coloring added to it makes it one elegant and beautiful card!! LOVE IT!

trisha too said...

This is GORGEOUS, Tammy!
:)

cebelica said...

Very beautiful card!

Roxann said...

Your card is fantastically gorgeous! I just love your designs!
Hugz,
Roxann

Marilyn said...

I love the texture of this card... it's gorgeous!

Sherry Kushibab said...

Bleaching is such fun - what a great card, love the added color and details. Hugs!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Tammy- I am EXCITED for you and the next steps. I think it is fabulous and I KNOW you will still be doing lots of creating. You are way too talented to stop.

You rocked the bleaching!

H2 :) said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Tammy. Love what you have done to create the main panel - it's beautiful! :)

Anniebee said...

This is one beautiful card, Tammy!
I'm glad that you're still going to be around since I only recently discovered your blog and have really enjoyed seeing your lovely creations. I know what you mean about DTs taking a lot of time. I'm enjoying the one I am currently on but it does take some time away from my personal crafting.

Anniebee

Roxann said...

Beautiful card, Tammy! You so inspire me, GF!

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Tammy, You know I am a fan of your work and I love everything you do. I hope things work out so that you can get back to your DT's eventually. I'm working on that bleach technique.

Be well,
Pamela

Unknown said...

Fabulous blog and beautiful work.
"I am a new follower and found your blog through The Outlawz Follow Me Forum"

Related Posts with Thumbnails