Welcome to Simply Scrapping Crafts First Annual Holiday Hop! We have quite a line-up for you today filled with lots holiday inspired goodies! Our DT has been busy at work in Santa’s workshop creating a sled full of gorgeous holiday projects to help you decorate, scrapbook or use for gifts!. Be sure to comment all of the blogs along the way because we have "hidden" some extra special treats along the way. There is no way to tell where we have them stashed, so be sure not to miss out! Some of our hop hosts are giving an extra entry for becoming a follower. Who doesn't appreciate more chances to win right? All winner will be announced on Tuesday, December 7th, 2010 via the DT blogs and also in the hop room at SSC, which can easily be accessed here . You have until 11:59PM EST tonight, December 4th, 2010 to comment for your chance to win. All you need to do is click on each link and leave a comment as you hop along to the end of the list. Are you ready for a Holly Jolly Holiday Hop? Let's get to hoppin'!
Maureen http://stampandscrapwithmaureen.blogspot.com/
Theresa http://procrastinatingscrapper.blogspot.com/
Nikki --- http://gracie33.blogspot.com/
Rona http://scraprona.blogspot.com/
Colleen http://cardsdelight.blogspot.com/
Amy http://amybeansblog.blogspot.com/
Clare http://bearydocardsinc.blogspot.com/
Pryn http://mochavation.blogspot.com
Tammy http://tmaynard.blogspot.com/ ***YOU ARE HERE***
Make sure you read to the very end as I am offering a prize here on my blog for everyone who leaves a comment. Okay....I could be selfish and say that you have to follow me too but I won't do that although I would love it if you did!!! :) Okay...just a mini plug for me! Okay, on to my project. I have used this adorable stamp called "Starry Night"......
Isn't this just the cutest!?! I have stamped my image onto this little onesie and then colored it with my Copics. I have used some puffy paint on the fur of the hat and the ear muffs. I have also used some Viva Decor Glitter Gel for the snow and it looks so awesome! It took me forever to gather up the nerve to actually put stamp to material!! I was having some serious anxiety attacks!!! LOL!!
I have had a few of you ask if it is washable and yes....it should be washable. I'm going to wash it today to see if the ink runs at all. I used Memento ink to stamp my image and then used my iron (set to cotton) and heat set it. I did handwash another onesie that I had heatset and the ink stayed on. From what I've heard the Copics are washable and the 3D gel was washable too. I'll let you know after I wash it!! :) OMGosh...now I'm holding my breath again!!! :)
So...what do you think!?! Leave me a comment and I will give the winner a $10 gift certificate to Phindy's Place!!
Phindy has some really awesome digi images!! I will have my hubby draw a name from the hat for the winner and it will be posted here on Tuesday December 7th so check back because you don't want to miss out if your the winner do you!?! :)
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have enjoyed our Holiday Blog Hop!!!
**UPDATE**
After washing I did have some color fading on my onesie and I guess you have to use cotton socks (my DIL couldn't find any) because I had some serious yellow bleeding on them. Everything else stayed put. For no longer than what they are in them I think it will hold up.
This is stamped with Memento ink and then heat set.
I should have set up my photo box because our day is so gloomy here today that the lighting on this picture isn't the greatest.
Have a good one!!





74 comments:
that is the cutest thing i ever saw! can you wash it and all the work won't wash out. How easy to make it personal too! Great job
I added myself as a follower too!
Thanks
Syd
This is such a cute onesie!!! and the little socks to match!!! ADORABLE!!!
Tammy, thanks so very much for this tutorial. I also have that fear, so I stamp on a separate piece of fabric - we are making aprons for my niece today.
This is just the idea I needed for the dolly clothes I make - I ran out of ideas for decaring the plain ones! Thanks, girl!
Oh, and by the way, I became a follower....
Tammy this is totally adorable and awesome! Glad you tried it first! I was thinking of doing tea towels, you did one awesome job! Love it! Hugzzz Colleen
This is just so darn cute.
I would be nervous about doing this as well.. Do you have to seal it with anything to allow for cleaning?
Thank you for sharing, the recipient if you are going to let it go will look adorable in it.
Pat
What an adorable onesie! You did a fantastic job on the colors and the matching socks are perfect! I am a new follower and I must say I am happy I hopped along and found you. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with all of us! AJ
aj_822@yahoo.com
This is just adorable! Such a wonderful idea and just beautiful! Love it!
I absolutely adore this little outfit!! We have our first little great grandson [even tho I'm not old enough to be a great grandma..lol] and I would LOVE to make this for him. Waiting to see how it fares after a washing. Thank you for sharing this with everyone!! You should sell these.
Hugs, Sandi P.S. I'm a new follower of yours as of 'now' :)
I love this onsie. I am going to have to try this for baby shower gifts.
I also became a follower.
Oh My....@hat an adorable little Onsie and YOU made it!! WOW! You have so much talent and it's been such a joy to meet you.
I just love all your work and I'm so happy that I'm playing along on the hop today! It was your sweet kindness and encouragement that inspired me to simply try it a little at a time. I am skipping around, but there is NO way I would every want to miss stopping by your blog!
Thanks so much -- Hugs,
Lis
That is adorable!!! Now I have to try it! Thanks!!!!!!!!
That onesie is just too cute! Love it!
What a wonderful set!!! That image is just beautiful, and so is your coloring! I love following your blog, you have such wonderful projects to share!!! :)
Oh Tammy you gave me some great ideas with this!!! I love it what an amazing idea!!!
oh Tammy, that is just adorable! I love it! :) you did a brill job on it!
I LOVE it so much I had to come back for a second look! This is just sooooooo cute...makes me HAPPY!!
Hugs,
Lis
PS: I am already happy and proud to be a follower!! :)
What a wonderful idea...I'm excited to try it myself...and am looking forward to hearing how it holds up in the wash!
The infamous onesie.. ADORABLE!! I love it! I must try this!!
Those were adorable and you coloring is gorgeous! I don't know why you were nervous about stamping on fabric. I would love to receive something like that!!
This is soooo cute, never thought about stamping on material, thanks for the update on the washing!!
miller896042atbellsouth.net
This is super cute. thanks for sharing.
This is soo adorable. I have not tried to color on fabric yet with my copics, but do hope to give it a try soon. Thanks for sharing your wonderful project with us.
Tammy, these are too cute for words! Your coloring is awesome as always and the onesie and socks are such a great gift idea! Thank you for such fun inspiration!
Just became a follower, too. Thought I had already done so, but could not find myself as one. Hugs, Pat C.
Tammy, you always have a way of rendering me speechless! I wish I had a little bitty so I could make one! I may do a Tshirt for my granson!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! How beautiful!!! pat
Love it, my grand daughter is having twins, this I must try. I got to have that viva decor pens, that is my kind of pen
This onesie is adorable. I just started using Copic markers and love them, but need more practice with them. Love your blog. I will follow you.
VERY VERY CUTE!
-Kristin
Wow, Tammy this is stunning. I just love the image and the soft colours you chose!
Thanks for the inspiration. I have become your follower
Your work is always awesome, but you have outdone yourself on the onesie and socks. They are just too cool! What a wonderful idea and fantastic job!!
What an adorable idea! I love it :) I just became one of your followers also :) Happy Holidays!!!
Tammy, that onesie and socks is just beyond wonderful, adorable, and cute as a button! You knocked that one out of the ball park girl! Love you!
ADORABLE!
That's wonderful Tammy, happy to see that it survived the washing! =)
Hugs, Elenor
What a super cute little gift! Absolutely gorgeous.
Well what an amazing project Tammy, just adorable!
I reckon the only thing you could do for digi is trace it with a permanant marker pen onto the onesie. I use a Pigma pen on fabric when I want permanent
Anne
x
Wowww Tammy,So woonderful.
Hugs Riet.x
love the cute little bear stamp and your project WOW
So adorable!!! Love the coloring. Great job!
OMG Tammy, these are beautiful. Made me want to run right out and buy up a bunch of onseies to try this on. I think it washed really well.
Hi Tammy!
That's absolutely gorgeous!! Did you wash it beforehand to remove the "sizing"?? I wonder if that makes a difference with fading.
I don't know about using digis on a onesie, but I'm going to try printing them on those special sheets of fabric and then make into a quilt.
Glad to hear the copics didn't run.
Tammy, this is too cute!! I will have to try this one day...
What a cute little set! I had never thought of stamping and coloring on material! Ideas are racing through my head now! Thanks for sharing your ideas and talent today, and even the washing results! I have enjoyed the hop!!
This is so cute Tammy. Love it...and those cute little socks. yumm!!!!
Oh Tammy that is such a cute cute project! And I love that you took the time to wash it and show us pics!!!
You are sooo brave!! I love to see experimentation. I love the idea and I think it's a great project!
Wow!! This is just too cute!! and creative!! LOVE it!! YOU rock!
What an adorable project! I'm already a follower!
What a great idea - it doesn't look any worse for the washing:-)
wow, you are so brave to stamp on clothing. and this is so cute. thanks for sharing. Mary in Hong Kong
This is BEAUTIFUL Tammy!!! You did an absolute STUNNING job on this project!!! You should sell them!!!!
LOVE YOU!!!!
Super adorable onsie set!! Simply darling! :)
I would have been afraid to wash it!!! Super cute.
Checking out more of your blog
OMGosh! I just can't get over your copic talent. You are just awesome at it.
Super cute!
This onesie and socks set is the cutest thing I have seen in a while,
So adorable and what an awesome gift to make!
I've often wondered if you could stamp on fabric and not have it run, now I know. thanks for sharing your beautiful work.
Wow Tammy you are my hero! I have wanted to try to stamp on material for such a long time and could NEVER bring myself to do it! Thank you so much for putting my fears to rest! Not only are the onesie and socks absolutely adorable, even after washing they look fantastic. You should be so proud!
I knew they saved the best for last for a reason..what a nice surprise with your project.
Im already your follower and even followed you to SSC! LOL You are a very good leader and I thank you for that!
*Hugs*
~Andrea
That is so darn cute!
Oh and I did add myself as a follower! I loved the blog hop and now I have added all of you to my list of crafty blogs to follow!!
Awww! That is SO cute!! I love it! What a great personalized gift idea! And it didn't wash out too badly. It still looks great. And you're right, they grow out of them SO quickly!
Thanks for the ideas and inspiration!
OH my gosh, this is amazing! Your Copic coloring is fantastic and I love that you colored a onesie! Thanks for the inspiration and for showing us the effect of washing...it still looks gorgeous!
oh wow Tammy these are darlin! I wish I would have seen this days ago.. I just co hosted a baby shower today and this would have been a perfect gift for a newborn.. I am super scared to ink on material too but you have inspired me to do so.
Thanks for the invite to the hop.. it was fun!
What an adorable set. You did a beautiful job on these. Love the matching socks. Thanks for sharing.
I just became a follower.
Babe
youiesmom@att.net
Hi Tammy!!! This came out really beautiful! The colors look so rich on the fabric! I've never colored on fabric with Copics before....
OMGoodness, this is so adorable. Absolutely love it.
I am now a follower as well
beautiful....
Tammy - that is absolutely adorable! What cute gift it would make!! You could also do matching sets for siblings - love it!!
Katie
Ohhh my goodness...this is positively ADORABLE!!! You have out done yourself!!!
Hugs - LORi
Awesome love this idea I may have to make these for holiday gifts!
You rock girl!!! Luv this idea!! Adorable!!
Cathy S.
This is so cute! Try Staz On or Crafters Ink they will heat set and stay on through washings.
Post a Comment