Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I did it!

I finally took a weekend off!! My life has been terrible busy since I started my new job the first of the year. For those of you who don't know......Starting the first of January the Dr's that I work for asked if I would be willing to stay home and do medical transcription 3 days a week and come into the office and deal with posting all of the insurance payments and deal with insurance issues. Sounded scary but I was willing to try!! So I bought a new laptop, got wireless Internet (so I could go anywhere and type) and all of the equipment and books needed to get me going! I turned one of our bedrooms into my office and away I went! Well, maybe not!!! I didn't realize what was involved in doing transcription nor did I realize how slow of a typist I was. Hey, I hadn't really had to type for about 25 years. EEK!!! I shed many a tear the first 2 weeks and now into my third week......I think I'm going to make it!! Whew!!! Thank God I know my medical terminology otherwise I would be toast!

Sunday brought us about 4" of new snow and Monday about 20mph winds. Okay, 4" doesn't sound life that much but when the wind blows it around......blah!! Needless to say about 18" of that snow is packed in my lane. My car is going nowhere!!! So I'm taking a few minutes this morning to update my blog. hehe!! It's only 5:30am so I have a bit before I need to start working. Oh, by the way......it's 16 BELOW ZERO here this morning!!! Brrrrrrr!

We had a super fun cyber crop this weekend over at Scarp-A-Latte hosted by Sarah M.!! Now that girl can come up with some fun challenges! I think I managed to complete 4 new LO's. Oh and I had to finish my "Dancing With The Stars" elimination contest LO that I had been working on all week. Nothing like a stressful job to ZAP your mojo!! Yep.....I made it to the final round of the contest and now I just have to wait. I was competing against my friend Sarah E. and I told by hubby and DIL that I think she may have kicked my butt on this final LO!!!!! The final challenge was a 2 pager and I am terrible at them!! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for me but it would be cool if Sarah won too! I'll keep you posted!! ;)

Here are the LO's I did for the crop and a couple for the DWTS challenge. This LO was for my final challenge.....create a 2 PAGER!!! AAAAAAA!! Well this is what I came up with. Nana pulled MayCee's very first tooth (well loose one anyway) on the Friday after Christmas and on the very next Friday she had another one ready to come out. I was going to pull it too but I kept getting a hold of her retainer so.......SHE PULLED IT HERSELF!!!! She is such a brave little girl!! Oops.....Big Girl!! She would be mad at me for calling her a little girl!! :rolleyes:

This was a DWTS challenge to portray the title of your LO using no letter and you could use no patterned paper. Wow....had to get creative with this one. Kiaya's picture worked great with the new stamps I had just gotten in the mail. I bought them from Scrap-A-Latte and they are by Unity Stamps. If you haven't checked out Unity Stamps.....YOU ARE MISSING OUT BECAUSE THEY ROCK!!!! Don't ya just love her little shirt saying "Made You Smile"!?!

The rest of these are from the crop this weekend. I did my very first 8.5x11 LO and I must say, I could get used to that size!!! LOVED IT!!

This is our Christmas picture this year. My hubby was pissed at the gal taking pictures so I think is shows on his face in most of our pictures!!
On this one it is a ClearScraps acrylic sheet and I just put the black in back so I could scan it! I used a fingernail file on the sides of it to give it that frost cloud like appearance. Cool huh!?!
This is Tailee and BV. OMG.....she looks so little! She is still this way with all of her animals. She loves to cover them up!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog today and check back later and I'll let you know who won the Dancing With The Stars contest.....or better yet, check out Scrap-A-Latte and come join the fun!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been rocking the layouts lately!! Great to see you scrapping again!

Zoa said...

gorgeous pages! I love the angel layout especially!! looking forward to getting to know you on Swirlydoos!

Related Posts with Thumbnails