I ended up taking my hubby to the ER on Wednesday the 8
th at 5:00 in the morning!! I did have to call his son to come and help me though because he
fought me every step of the way! He didn't even know who I was and it scared the hell out of me!! They put him in the hospital for 4 days and at first they thought he had pneumonia and then they said encephalitis. At this point we don't know what's wrong with him. He had a spinal tap (which totally freaked him out!) this Wednesday and some of the tests came back today. There are white blood cells in the spinal fluid but so far nothing has grown from them. Hopefully that means that the major amount of antibiotics he is on is working. He has to go up to the hospital every night for an IV drip of
Rocephin plus take an oral antibiotic. It is really messing with his tummy!! His mental status is improving on a daily basis but he is still pretty weak. He has been released to go back to work on Monday so that is a good thing! We may never know what caused all of this but as long as he is back to normal.....I really don't care. I just can't imagine my life without him and I don't want to either!!
Thanks for visiting my blog today and hopefully I'll have some more time this weekend to post a few more
LO's!!!
2 comments:
Wow! that had to be incredibly scary! I am glad he is improving and hope he is back to 100% soon!
Tammy I am so glad he is doing better. Hope he continues to do well.
Post a Comment